Mickleham is a rural village at the northern edge of metropolitan Melbourne, 7 km north-west of Craigieburn and the Hume Highway. The village is situated in the parish of Mickleham, the name of which was probably inspired by Mickleham, Surrey, England.
Mickleham is situated at the corner of Mt Ridley and Mickleham Roads. Mt Ridley, an extinct volcano, is about 4 km to the east, and was used as a viewing point by the explorers Hume and Hovell in 1824. The district of Mickleham lies between the Deep and the Merri Creeks, and Craigieburn is to its south.